Notail123

Chicken Slayer

• Server Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA
  • Minecraft Username:Notail123

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure) Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if you wonderful Punchwoodians could send some tutorials or explain step by step how to add mods to Technic or Tekkit. I've wanted to do this but sometimes I have trouble understanding things, so if I could get some help, I'd thank you and I know there are other people that could use help as well. Again, thanks in advance, and have a great day.
"I love the trumpet. I never know what note I might play."

-Me!

#2 Jomy582

Jomy582

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLost in The End
  • Minecraft Username:Jomy582

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Well first off, the Technic Launcher does not mess with the normal .minecraft. It creates it's own folder called .techniclauncher.
If you want to add a mod to, lets say, Tekkit, open .techniclauncher. Then go to the folder that says Tekkit. You will see that it is exactly like .minecraft. Now you have 2 options. If the mod is able to be put in the mods folder, do so, if not, follow these instructions.
Go to bin. You will see minecraft.jar and modpack.jar. DO NOT USE MINECRAFT.JAR!
Open modpack.jar with your archive utility of choice(7-zip, winrar, etc.) and drag the mod files from the mod you want to add into modpack.jar.
Close it and open Tekkit. If your mod is compatible, it should work!
  • hok434321 likes this
Bear Grylls needs food and shelter. Minecrafters need food and a sword.
Check out my mod, The Youtube Stars Mod!

#3 Notail123

Notail123

Chicken Slayer

• Server Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA
  • Minecraft Username:Notail123

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thanks, that really helped and I understand it fully! Again, thanks for posting. I think I'm gonna go add some mods right now!
"I love the trumpet. I never know what note I might play."

-Me!

#4 azagal73

azagal73

Chicken Slayer

• Server Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Minecraft Username:Azagal73

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Well first off, the Technic Launcher does not mess with the normal .minecraft. It creates it's own folder called .techniclauncher.
If you want to add a mod to, lets say, Tekkit, open .techniclauncher. Then go to the folder that says Tekkit. You will see that it is exactly like .minecraft. Now you have 2 options. If the mod is able to be put in the mods folder, do so, if not, follow these instructions.
Go to bin. You will see minecraft.jar and modpack.jar. DO NOT USE MINECRAFT.JAR!
Open modpack.jar with your archive utility of choice(7-zip, winrar, etc.) and drag the mod files from the mod you want to add into modpack.jar.
Close it and open Tekkit. If your mod is compatible, it should work!

I'm assuming that is only for mods that install in the minecraft.jar file, a lot of mods also install into the mods directory. You'll need to read the mod install instructions as to where they get added.

Edit: And if the mod adds blocks, you'll need to manually edit the config files and update the block ids (make sure you change config of the mods you add, not the tekkit mods or you'll never be able to use a tekkit server without issues)

Edited by azagal73, 12 August 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#5 hok434321

hok434321

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Iced Coffee ozzie guillen * Green plus black olives

This primary affair which you simply am possibly thinking for the fact this with its name this “Cabbage Soup diet” this just about all me consume throughout the day long is certainly simply cabbage soup. In actual fact that may be incorrect. Cabbage soup is included and also you do try to eat it on a each day basis. Nonetheless, you can find actually a handful of additional meals on a were bundled girl. In to primary you'll be able to consume fruit, fruit plus vegetables, meat, get to tea, flavored coffee, potato, female consume fluid. This system happens for the routine so with regard to a single day you'll take to the bowl of cabbage soup then get fruit women excluding bananas and one other moment you'll extremely bowl of the cabbage soup and also at this point have greens and next a bake spud by using butter. jada pinkett smith The Diet Solution To Get Rid Of Fat capybara The first action is an excellent workout. If you're not all doing this specific, this remaining portion of the strategy won't project.

wha'
The Important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them - Victoria - Queen Of England.

Have you tried something new today? if not then you had better hurry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users