#82 NeppyMan

NeppyMan

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft Username:Neppyman

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Very much enjoying the tutorials (and have been since beta).

A suggestion for the Trip Wire Trap (E56) - you could set up a bit of redstone logic (just a simple AND gate) to give yourself a "safety" switch to deactivate the Fun Path. Run that and your tripwire input into the inputs of the AND gate, and you could flip a switch and turn the whole thing off - which would make adjustments, loot collection, arrow retrieval, and such much easier.

Running the wires might get a little complicated (because you wouldn't want the tripwires to directly trigger the dispensers - you'd want it to go through your logic gates), but I think it might be fun to demonstrate some slightly more advanced wiring - and how it can be used to do cooler (and useful) stuff. You could even go so far as to have a "safety" switch on either side of the path (hook both of those up to an XOR gate going into your existing logic, so that either of them could be used to shut it on or off) - and if you wanted to get REALLY fancy, hook up some redstone lights to the "safety" part of the circuit to have a visual indicator as to whether or not the trap is "live".

#83 DeftNine

DeftNine

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Minecraft Username:DeftNine

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

I have watched his videos since survive your first night. I enjoy how he explains it all as he does it. Also all the funny stories

#84 paulsoaresjr

paulsoaresjr

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

A suggestion for the Trip Wire Trap (E56) - you could set up a bit of redstone logic (just a simple AND gate) to give yourself a "safety" switch to deactivate the Fun Path. Run that and your tripwire input into the inputs of the AND gate, and you could flip a switch and turn the whole thing off - which would make adjustments, loot collection, arrow retrieval, and such much easier.

Running the wires might get a little complicated (because you wouldn't want the tripwires to directly trigger the dispensers - you'd want it to go through your logic gates), but I think it might be fun to demonstrate some slightly more advanced wiring - and how it can be used to do cooler (and useful) stuff. You could even go so far as to have a "safety" switch on either side of the path (hook both of those up to an XOR gate going into your existing logic, so that either of them could be used to shut it on or off) - and if you wanted to get REALLY fancy, hook up some redstone lights to the "safety" part of the circuit to have a visual indicator as to whether or not the trap is "live".

It all sounded great until "Running the wires might get a little complicated".... then my eyes started to bleed... :P Anyway, nice suggestion but that's more work than I'm interested in doing. I like "simple" things; simple to make, simple to demonstrate, simple results.
  • whiteheart84 and Chellywoo91 like this

#85 Trek800z

Trek800z

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft Username:Trek800z

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

Love it :D

#86 cjschof

cjschof

Punching Wood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationIowa,USA
  • Minecraft Username:cjschof

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

These were the videos that made me watch the other ones of Paul's and personal faveorites
:mobchicken:Slay all of Those Pesky Spy Chickens !!! :mobchicken:

#87 Megazeru

Megazeru

Punching Wood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Minecraft Username:Megazeru

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

It all sounded great until "Running the wires might get a little complicated".... then my eyes started to bleed... :P Anyway, nice suggestion but that's more work than I'm interested in doing. I like "simple" things; simple to make, simple to demonstrate, simple results.

yeah that seems a bit complicated to use i didn't even get what you said after things might get complicated XD,sorry

#88 Breyyne

Breyyne

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Paul, If you like, I can send you the save for a simply modified version of "The Fun Path" that uses simple redstone lines (no gates, flip flops or the like) to collect all but the arrows.

#89 bigbluesky49

bigbluesky49

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Season 3 - How to Survive and Thrive III

This is the newest season of my Minecraft Tutorial series, "How to Survive and Thrive", using Minecraft 1.3. I'm continuing with the same world that I had created using Minecraft 1.0 so i don't have to start from scratch again! I'll just have to travel a bit to get some new stuff to generate, like Emerald ore and jungle ruins, desert temples, etc.

The complete Playlist on Youtube

Download the world saves from each episode here.

Episode 1 "How to Survive Your First Night"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36Ehzf2cxE&

Latest episode:

Episode 54 "Boathouse Boat Dispenser"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrlvnTeoTbU

paul's videos taught me how to play minecraft!!

#90 Crusader1789

Crusader1789

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft Username:Crusader1789

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

hey paul you should make a second boathouse with another "vacation house" so you can travel there by boat
  • mdgroot likes this

#91 Megazeru

Megazeru

Punching Wood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Minecraft Username:Megazeru

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

i actually made a boat house in the tutorial world and i accidently used the boat to go down a water fall it was fun until my boat broke and i took like 7 hearts of damage

#92 drnfc

drnfc

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft Username:drnfc

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Nice job Paul

#93 drnfc

drnfc

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft Username:drnfc

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

oh Paul you havnt posted a video in this series in 4 days please get some out, oh and paul just a though convert your murder holes to easy access routes thats what i did.

#94 JFought

JFought

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Minecraft Username:JFought

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Did you know:

1. Soulsand can be used to make awesome traps by making a walkway with soulsand above and anything else below, which creates a one-way door!
2. If you put a sign on glass panes and walk into the sign until you cant go further, no mobs will be able to see you.
3. ice under soulsand makes mobs slower, awesome for arrow traps

Try em out! 1 and 3 could really make the fun path more interesting too

More comin soon!
Die Creeper!
-Steve, before he was blown up by a creeper.

#95 Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Minecraft Username:Thunder_Wolf12

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

Best series ever! This was the series that mostly taught me how to play minecraft a long time ago. Keep up the great work!

#96 paulsoaresjr

paulsoaresjr

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

Episode E57 "Cocoa Bean Farm"

#97 nicnik96

nicnik96

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Minecraft Username:nicnik96

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

nice episode! Next to the desert/jungle temple?
  • Down-under likes this
There is only two tragedies in life...
One's that you can't mine whatever you want...
And the other is that you can...

#98 smarty889

smarty889

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationInside a slime
  • Minecraft Username:smarty889

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Paul Thanks for making this AWESOME SERIES
you've helped me out alot
Smarty889 thats my player name

#99 NeppyMan

NeppyMan

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft Username:Neppyman

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, I actually started to build it... and it got messy. It looks fantastic, but there's two "floors" of wiring underneath it. I'll throw it up once I get it finished, in case anyone is interested.

#100 caseyploszaj

caseyploszaj

Expert Survivalist

• Server Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationStalker Much?
  • Minecraft Username:mrploszaj

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

what the heck was the desert temple doing there???
Proud operator on BillyBoy64's snapshot server!
PM me if you need any help or just are interested in chatting!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: videos, minecraft, tutorials

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

A Really Nice Story...dedicated To Paul!

By Zohaib in A Story for paul!!, on 03 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

A nice story....MUST READ!!!!

Once upon a time(actually its 1 year back :D ), I thought i should play minecraft.Only thing i knew was that it was a well played game with old graphics :P .So i started the...

Read Full Entry →
Photo

By PaulPunchwood in PaulPunchwood's Blog, on 29 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Season 3 - How to Survive and Thrive III

This is the newest season of my Minecraft Tutorial series, "How to Survive and Thrive", using Minecraft 1.3. I'm continuing with the same world that I had...

Read Full Entry →

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users