#21 seiyaryu666

seiyaryu666

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

my solution has been to make a moat on the inside of the fences.

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image = fence
Posted Image = any block
Posted Image = water
Posted Image = half slab (just one)

this creates a constant pushing force so they can't get near the fences TO glitch through. yes there is always a drowning chance, but really whats to stop them from suffocating in the walls if you use blocks instead of fences.

p.s. i just copied the blocks from minecraftforum.net
hey all, you can call me ryu. Don't ask for likes, I won't give them unless you deserve them

#22 Mr Extremer

Mr Extremer

Expert Survivalist

• Server Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAn old man's lawn
  • Minecraft Username:MrExtremer

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I haven't had any problems. However, I mostly use cows as my farm animals, so I wouldn't know about the others...
i'm not good at being social so you can't find me anywhere

link to my youtube channel i don't have
link to my twitch that i don't stream anything on so why bother
link to my twitter where i post nothing

woo™

#23 Appl3z

Appl3z

Expert Survivalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Minecraft Username:Appl3z914

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Definitly happened to me before on my main survival world.  I have a chicken and cow farm, and I had to make the fences double high with one more fence all the way around on the outside.  I have a secure entrance and everything on my farms.  Yeah, its really annoying when they get out
Punch :log:
Slay :chicken:

#24 mirylad985

mirylad985

Chicken Slayer

• Server Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

The biggest ones I have an issue with this happening is chickens. I found the best way to prevent it is to make the pen bigger (they seem to glitch less the more spread out they are) and to do a two-tiered fence as follows: have the first fence two-high, then up against that on the outside do a one-high fence. That way they can't glitch up and they can't glitch through (since the second layer is there).

Also this thread should probably be moved to the Minecraft Discussion area, since it's not specific to the server anymore.

#25 DonzQ

DonzQ

Punching Wood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFinland, Northern Europe

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Well yeah, my cows have escaped once, however I had about 50 cows in it, so they just "rushed" through the fence.

Posted Image
Please check my YouTube channel.  If you like my videos, please leave a like and/or subscribe! :)
https://www.youtube....malimonadi/feed

#26 seiyaryu666

seiyaryu666

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

View Postmirylad985, on 11 June 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

The biggest ones I have an issue with this happening is chickens. I found the best way to prevent it is to make the pen bigger (they seem to glitch less the more spread out they are) and to do a two-tiered fence as follows: have the first fence two-high, then up against that on the outside do a one-high fence. That way they can't glitch up and they can't glitch through (since the second layer is there).

Also this thread should probably be moved to the Minecraft Discussion area, since it's not specific to the server anymore.

ya this has gotten kinda off the OP, mostly because Aerowulf answered my question about the plugins and now its kinda become a discussion on how to we all make our farms to keep animals in.

topic moved
hey all, you can call me ryu. Don't ask for likes, I won't give them unless you deserve them

#27 wskoffroth

wskoffroth

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

ive always had this problem so what i did was make a cage to put them in fences at their bottom and fences as the walls and as the roof.

#28 usmeaglefan

usmeaglefan

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Minecraft Username:usmeaglefan

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

I have that problem with all my animal farms. I hope that gets fixed.
Give this comment a like if you like it or if you support the addition of the quiver to Minecraft!

#29 Daaseemas

Daaseemas

Expert Survivalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationThe great Minecraftian city of Edithia
  • Minecraft Username:Daaseemas

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I just dig a hole in the pen and use blocks instead of fences. It's the only way to keep those spy chickens where they belong!
:gold: Daaseemas :diamond:
There are 2 Types of men in this world, Those who Punch wood, and Those who died horrible deaths, falling of a cliff into explosives in lava

#30 jitter01

jitter01

Chicken Slayer

• Server Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIn some dark corner stalking... uhmm... totally not you. No don't look over this way!
  • Minecraft Username:jitter01

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

i've had that problem before with chickens, not very often, and only with one or two. hope you can keep those spy chickens from escaping   :D
"work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody is watching."  -Randall G Leighton

"in the end, its not going to maker how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." shing xiong

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."  -Dr. Seuss.

#31 seiyaryu666

seiyaryu666

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Chickens are the worst, but usually my problem is with the sheep. I don't bother with pigs because of how much more useful cows are. But the few sheep I do, always seem to find some way of glitching out. Usually it's two at once, one is just a visual, the other actually escapes.

though as paul said: sheep = escape artist, chicken = spy, cow = muscle, pig = double agent

#32 SkyeLightStealer

SkyeLightStealer

Expert Survivalist

• Server Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

I've had problems with this, on multiple servers. I seem to be continually loosing my livestock and the only way I can see to stop this is to breed them, often, or to tend to them every day until I have a very large herd/stock. At this point I am able to venture off, however I think it is the venturing off that causes them to despawn.

~ Skye Light Stealer ~
"I cannot be blamed for my own doings!
It was not I who did what I did!
"
~ Skye (5:05pm October 21 2012)

:mooshroom: #TieUntieRetie :mooshroom:

Thankful leader of the ~ Writers' Club ~ and attempting novelist.

#33 Knightstar68

Knightstar68

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Minecraft Username:knightstar68

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

It is probably a glitch because i have not seen an animal that has left the pens i made them. :)
Ewoks Rock!!!!!!!

#34 seiyaryu666

seiyaryu666

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postwskoffroth, on 12 June 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

ive always had this problem so what i did was make a cage to put them in fences at their bottom and fences as the walls and as the roof.

that has to suck for sheep farm as they need grass to regrow their wool

View PostKnightstar68, on 13 June 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

It is probably a glitch because i have not seen an animal that has left the pens i made them. :)

perhaps you should describe how you've set up your pens on servers so we can implement their design into our own.

#35 forefold

forefold

Expert Survivalist

• Server Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Minecraft Username:forefold

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

Curse you animal escaping glitch xD
I'm Just Derping around PunchwoodChat ^^

#36 seiyaryu666

seiyaryu666

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postforefold, on 15 June 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

Curse you animal escaping glitch xD
we all feel the same way

#37 Sudomono

Sudomono

Chicken Slayer

• Server Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

I use water on the edges of my pen to keep them from getting near the fence. a bit of warning, make sure you make some sort of a service panel that leads below the pen, so if you do "harvest" the meat from the animals you have an easier time getting to you're items.

#38 merlindima

merlindima

Expert Survivalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Locationengland
  • Minecraft Username:merlindima

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

i have had massive problems with my animals escaping from pens, one time my mooshrooms where glitching overnight and coming out of a glass dome !!

my youtube: https://www.youtube....s?feature=watch

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

#39 seiyaryu666

seiyaryu666

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

View Postmerlindima, on 15 June 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

i have had massive problems with my animals escaping from pens, one time my mooshrooms where glitching overnight and coming out of a glass dome !!

well there are some good examples and suggestions here, i hope one of them helps.

#40 LoneWolfZombie

LoneWolfZombie

Chicken Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Minecraft Username:ssyed

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

I never had my farm animals escaping. though, I have put two fences around them just in case.
Things I'm doing in Minecraft:

Mining

Also tagged with animals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users